The Premise...

  • ***Make no craft purchases December 1, 2010 to November 30 2011
  • ***Use and create from existing supplies only
  • ***Small purchases to continue crafting (such as sewing needles) are acceptable
  • ***Trading items with others is legitimate since there's no net gain

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Day of Pondering....

So, every year I volunteer my time (aaaahhh...what a sucker!) and help the hubby teach a science lab at school. Acids and Bases, covalent and ionic bonds, lab procedures. Heck, who am I kidding? We do ARTS AND CRAFTS!!! Then we make it legit by throwing some science in there.

I spent the entire day. Really...the ENTIRE day mixing dye. We're up to about 130 students I think, so it really took all day. They're going to be great. Then I thought...geez, when was the last time I mixed dye to dye up some fabric? It must have been last year at this time, for the same lab. How did I go a YEAR without dyeing? I don't know. So, I made sure to do a thorough job, both for good results and just because it had been so long.

Never noticed before, but the odor of dye powder kind of reminds me of raw bacon. Weird, but true.

Ah, and my hands are all splotchy and green and blue and black because I forgot to put gloves on. Some things never change.

Feeling pretty good about "shopping my stash" and using what I have. I should probably take "before" pictures so I can remember how plentiful the craft supplies are. Especially the fabric. Ohhh, the fabric!

No comments:

Post a Comment