The Premise...

  • ***Make no craft purchases December 1, 2010 to November 30 2011
  • ***Use and create from existing supplies only
  • ***Small purchases to continue crafting (such as sewing needles) are acceptable
  • ***Trading items with others is legitimate since there's no net gain

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Homemade Croissants




Look *very* very homemade. I started the process all excited, and ended up just wanting to be done about 2/3rds of the way through. Which sucks, because croissants take hours, so the last third ended up being an hour of torture. Since I've kind of gotten a "feel" for how this goes though, the next time (and there WILL BE a next time!!) it's sure to be much more enjoyable. And, they may even look a little more professional.

I *am* a little upset that I don't have a pastry brush. I think I did have one at one time, and The Hubby either washed it with dish soap (EWWW...soapy everything!) or thought it was a paint brush, or it just got thrown away because I've never been a pastry making kinda gal. So, I used a paper towel to be the pastry brush, and I guess that worked ok. I *did* think to myself that I should go BUY a pastry brush, but I think that falls under craft supplies, so I will resist. How many times this year will I be making croissants? How many times SHOULD I make croissants? Since no one else is really eating them, I suspect maybe once or twice more.

2 comments:

  1. No one ate them ???!!!!!!! They look yummy. Sudha says so too !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. Madi tried one the first day, then after that I had them AAAAAAALLL to myself!

    ReplyDelete