The Premise...

  • ***Make no craft purchases December 1, 2010 to November 30 2011
  • ***Use and create from existing supplies only
  • ***Small purchases to continue crafting (such as sewing needles) are acceptable
  • ***Trading items with others is legitimate since there's no net gain

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

For Want of a Pen...


Bought a calligraphy pen nearly a year ago. Why? Because I was going to make paper, and then use a calligraphy pen to write all fancy-schmantzy on it. I've made paper, it's true. But it wasn't exactly fancy-schmantzy paper. In fact, it turned out looking more like a wet paper bag. The antithesis of schmantzy. No where near FANCY. But, I had the pen...ready and waiting for my awesome beautiful paper when I finally got back around to making it.

Fast forward to now. The Hubby is done with students until the new year, and several stopped by his desk with little treats and gifts before they shut down their brains for the holidays. After hammering out the logistics, we decided to mail thank-yous on Christmas cards. Everyone likes getting mail that's not bills, right? And a THANK YOU? It's good to be loved and appreciated, isn't it? And look....we have this GREAT PEN to scribe the cards!

The ink is still brilliant and flowing, and the cards turned out lovely. I'm not sure if The Hubby has thanked students formally EACH year, but he did THIS year....down to the student that presented a simple candy cane and card, thanking him for caring so much about their success, and (surprise!) thanking *me* for helping with tie-dye. Awwww! It's the little things, isn't it?

Also, since I had fresh dye left over I spent yesterday dyeing fabric yardage. I bought a bolt of 50 yards perhaps 6 months ago, with the intent to dye some "for something, someday". Yesterday was the day. They turned out great. I'm happy. Only did about 10 yards, but that's 10 more yards that are "in circulation," ready to use.

Today: figured out how to add in-line pictures. This will be a lot more interesting with pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment