The Premise...

  • ***Make no craft purchases December 1, 2010 to November 30 2011
  • ***Use and create from existing supplies only
  • ***Small purchases to continue crafting (such as sewing needles) are acceptable
  • ***Trading items with others is legitimate since there's no net gain

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Hmmmm....Pondering a Purchase...



So, I slipped up. Not in the fabric department, but in the crafting arena. My sis asked me to make gift certificates for some friends to choose their own soaps later from my shop. TOTALLY happy to do it. TOTALLY thought I had some cardstock. KNEW I had some cardstock. SEARCHED THE WHOLE FRIGGIN' HOUSE for cardstock. None to be found.

So, I went and got cardstock. Realistically, I needed only a couple sheets. In actuality, bought a book of 50. Why? Geez, I dunno. "Just in case I run out"? or perhaps "What if I need more cardstock, someday? Then I will have it!" Ummmm....flawed logic there Sally. Now instead of spending $1.50 you've spent $3.99. For cardstock you don't need. To be fair, though, I came to my senses before I bought the BIG BOOK OF CARDSTOCK for $9.99 (Half Off!!! HURRY, Sale Ends This Weekend!!!)

*ahem*

So, I'm thinking about my fabric stash. And the little foamboard sheets you can buy to store fabric on. No, I don't NEED it. And yes, it WOULD be a craft purchase. Except is organizational tools going against the spirit of The Fast? I'd have to say it would be if it dealt with plastic totes. I have more of those than any normal person should. But what if it made things easy to see, neater, and permanently ORGANIZED? I'm thinking foamboard with nylon-coated paperclips.

What if I use Christmas money? What if someone gives me money to buy myself what I want....could I *want* craft supplies? Could I *want* things to organize craft supplies? Hmmmmmm......

Anyhoo....the Gift Certificates turned out nice...

No comments:

Post a Comment