The Premise...

  • ***Make no craft purchases December 1, 2010 to November 30 2011
  • ***Use and create from existing supplies only
  • ***Small purchases to continue crafting (such as sewing needles) are acceptable
  • ***Trading items with others is legitimate since there's no net gain

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Feeling a creativity binge coming on....

My studio was starting to look like a bomb went off. Too many half done projects laying about. So, I started putting scraps away and placed the Rhonda squares in a project bag along with all its stuff. At least everything will be together!

Pulled some fabric for a baby boy quilt and prewashed it. The "roll up" method worked great because I could unroll, compare, pull what I needed and roll the balance back up. Like colors that were rolled together were easy to pull without messing up the whole stack. Add this one to the list of "things I want to do".

Madi's quilt is still on the quilting frame, so I'd better move that one on out to make room for new things. Poor girl. So patient.

Been randomly knitting on my Oatmeal Mama sweater. Gah. Only about 5 more inches to get to the bottom of the body, then only sleeves left. Too bad it's knit-knit-knit for miles. Knit. Knit. Knit.

Fabric buying update: The second round of fabric came, and it was a little more exciting than the first one, which is both good and bad. Filled a cart with "sale fabric" online today, only to find out they are doing some sneaky-sneaky word play to inspire you to buy. I'm on to you, Random Fabric Store. I see what you're doing here. ESPECIALLY because the "take an additional 30% off is for fabrics in the $5.50-$6 range. That would make things around $4/yd right? Well, they've categorized another section as something other than "Clearance" so the extra discount is not good. Guess what...those fabrics are priced in the $4-$4.50 range already. A marketing gimmick to be sure. So, no buying today. Yay, me.

No comments:

Post a Comment